5 Tips for a Romantic Valentine’s Day
As the world’s oldest erotic romance author who has penned almost 250 stories, I think I’m qualified to offer advice on love, romance and getting your groove on. Since Valentine’s Day is for lovers, here are five tips to insure a romantic celebration.
- The heroines in all of my books are strong, independent women. They don’t wait for a man to come along and make life wonderful (although that is the point of a romance HEA, right?). Don’t wait for someone to make your day special – indulge yourself or be the one to plan the evening’s activities.
- Valentine’s Day is for lovers…of all kinds. This includes book lovers. Nothing says romantic like curling up with your TBR stack. If you need a tall, dark and swoon-worthy hero, check out my new release, Advance to the Rear.
- Sometimes the simplest gestures are the most romantic. No time or money for a fancy box of chocolates or dinner out? No worries! What task does your partner detest? Do it for them? Has life been crazy-busy with no time to connect? Carve out an hour of uninterrupted time to focus on each other. Hate the thought of spending $5.99 on a Hallmark card? Write a short note on pretty stationary about what you love and appreciate most about your partner.
- Just say it! Make a list of the important people in your life—parents, children, friends, partner—and follow Stevie Wonder’s advice and tell them: “I just called to say I love you.” Sure, they know you care, but it’s always nice to hear it!
- Get naked. Sex is good for your heart, soul and relationship. It reduces stress, improves sleep, makes the brain sharper and enhances the emotional bond between partners. Since it’s Valentine’s Day, add whipped cream and a cherry!
Happy Hearts & Flowers!
Hey lady ~~ when you’re as old as I am, Valentine’s Day is just another day on the calendar. We did get engaged on VDay 49 years ago but since then we’ve never made a big deal out of it. We love each other every single day of the year and say it every day of the year so VDay is just another day. I think of it as being for the younger generation.
Just started the new release so I’ll get back to you when I’ve finished it.